October 14, 2009

CARAMEL SAUCE

This is a tasty topping. It goes well with sliced apples, pie’s, ice cream & inside of a nutella sandwich!

2 tbsp raw sugar                          Makes 1/2 cup
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tbsp salted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a small pot add butter & all sugars, on high heat, bring to a boil. Make sure you stir constantly for about 2 minutes or until all sugars have melted well. Add the cream & boil for 2 minutes. Place caramel in a small bowl and stir in vanilla. Refrigerate at least 2 hrs. Lasts 1 week in fridge. IMG_0159

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make this today. I like the small portioned recipes. Excellent. Did you relocate to Italy? If you did I would love to hear your story. Leave me a shout message with your email at HHM. Thanks. I just might want to interview you if that is alright.

    ReplyDelete